The MakerBot METHOD X 3D Printer is an innovative 3D printing platform Powered By Stratasys.
Featuring production-grade real ABS, a 110°C chamber, and Stratasys SR-30 soluble support, MakerBot METHOD X 3D Printer is most suitable for creating complex end use parts, manufacturing tools, and functional prototypes with superior reliability and dimensional accuracy.
Print real, production grade ABS with a 110°C heated chamber. Powered by STRATASYS®
- Capable of withstanding 15°C higher temperatures than modified desktop 3D printers ABS material formulations
- Powered by Stratasys® SR-30 soluble support material
- Superior Z-layer bonding provides higher strength without warping or curling
Manufacturing-ready materials including real ABS, PETG, TOUGH and more.
- Finished part dimensional accuracy of ± 0.2mm (± 0.007in)
- Print complex assemblies with exact tolerances
Heated Chamber Delivers Stronger Manufacturing-Grade Parts
Open Platform for Advanced Engineering Materials
Guaranteed Part Accuracy and SR-30 Soluble Support
Save Engineering Time with an Automated Workflow and CAD Integration
MAKERBOT METHOD X – HEATED CHAMBER DELIVERS STRONGER MANUFACTURING-GRADE PARTS
- – A Heated Chamber produces stronger parts than a heated build plate
- – Achieve consistent strength in three axis with recirculating heat on every layer
- – Print real ABS, ASA, and PC-ABS with superior mechanical and thermal properties than modified desktop 3D printer formulations.
OPEN PLATFORM FOR ADVANCED ENGINEERING MATERIALS
- Print with official MakerBot materials including Nylon Carbon Fiber, ABS, Nylon, PC-ABS and SR-30 – each carefully tested for thousands of hours to achieve engineering standards of printed part dimensional accuracy and strength.
- Access unlimited materials with an Open Materials Platform enabled by MakerBot LABS. Print advanced materials, such as ABS Carbon, TPE (flexible), PETG ESD, and PC.
GUARANTEED PART ACCURACY AND SR-30 SOLUBLE SUPPORT
- Complex geometries that are impossible to print with advanced materials on a desktop 3D printer – Enabled by Stratasys SR-30 soluble supports
- The only printer in its class to guarantee finished part dimensional accuracy ± 0.2mm (± 0.007in).
- Print complex assemblies that fit with tight tolerances – every time.
SAVE ENGINEERING TIME WITH AN AUTOMATED WORKFLOW AND CAD INTEGRATION
- Put an end to tinkering and time-consuming printer upkeep with the most streamlined workflow in the industry, including automated material handling, build plate leveling, and extruder calibration.
- Keep your projects moving and enjoy enjoy peace of mind with our leading in-house customer support and MakerCare machine hot swap.
UNCOMPROMISED LAYER ADHESION AND PART STRENGTH
MakerBot Method X – Circulating Heated Chamber
Control the temperature and quality of every layer – not just the first. While heated build plates are effective at reducing warping, MakerBot Method X takes this further with full active heat immersion during the entire duration of the print.
From The Inside Out
- 21 ONBOARD SENSORS
- WIFI CONNECTIVITY
- REMOTE MONITORING + PRINTING
- 25 COMPATIBLE CAD FILE TYPES
- 5″ FULL-COLOR CAPACITIVE TOUCH SCREEN
- OVER 220,000 HOURS OF RELIABILITY TESTING
SPEED AND DIMENSIONAL ACCURACY
Dual Performance Extruders
The Dual Performance Extruder system is built from the ground up to accelerate print times while providing dimensional accuracy.
SMART SENSORS FOR MATERIAL MANAGEMENT AND PRINT PROTECTION
Leveraging industrial DNA, each Performance Extruder contains a suite of sensors that detect when material is running low and allows for active jam detection during the entire print duration. It’s like autonomous protection for your print—and your printer.
GREATER TORQUE WITH A 19:1 DUAL-DRIVE GEAR RATIO
From great strength comes great performance. The 19:1 dual-drive gear ratio keeps material loaded and ready for reliable material extrusion at every layer.
LENGTHENED THERMAL CORE WITH LESS THAN 60-SECOND HEAT UP TIME
A lengthened thermal core and a fast start up time ensure that materials are ready to go when your ideas are.
OPTIMIZED MATERIAL STORAGE
Dry-Sealed Material Bays
Dry-Sealed Material Bays form a near-perfect seal to keep material free of damaging humidity. A suite of built-in sensors provides that your material is stored in its optimal environment—a feature previously only available in industrial 3D printers.
UNRESTRICTED GEOMETRIC FREEDOM
Disolvable Support System
Superior surface finish and unrestricted geometric freedom are paramount to delivering high quality printed parts. MakerBot Water-Soluble PVA ensures fast and effortless support removal without compromising part design or dimensional accuracy.
MakerBot Water-Soluble PVA provides two key benefits:
– Unrestricted geometric freedom (large overhangs, cavities, etc.)
– Superior print quality and surface finish
|MAKERBOT METHOD X SPECS||DESCRIPTION|
|Dimensional Accuracy||± 0.2mm / ± 0.007in|
|Layer Resolution||Maximum Capability: 20 – 400 micron (0.02mm – 0.4mm)|
|Product Dimensions & Weight (W x D x H)||413 x 437 x 649 mm / 16.3 x 17.2 x 25.6 in 29.5 kg / 65 lbs|
|Maximum Build Volume (W x D x H)||190 x 190 x 196 mm / 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in single extrusion
190 x 152 x 196 mm / 7.5 x 6.0 x 7.75 in dual extrusion
|Extruders||Dual Performance Extruders (Model & Support)|
|Build Surface||Spring Steel Build Plate with Grip Surface|
|Material Storage||Dry Sealed Material Bays plus sensors for humidity and temperature.|
|Supported Material||MakerBot Precision Materials | ABS, PLA, Tough PLA, PETG, Nylon
MakerBot Support Materials | PVA, Stratasys® SR-30
|Connectivity||WiFi, Ethernet, USB Drive|
|Power Requirements||100 – 240V
8.1A – 3.4A, 50-60 Hz
800 W max.