What Is The Wham Bam Flexible Build System?
Are you having a difficult time getting your 3D print to stick to your printer bed? Does your print peel up during a long print and destroy your work? Are you tired of temporary fixes such as glue sticks, hair spray, and painter’s tape?
Wham Bam have created the specially formulated Wham Bam PEX Polymer Build Surface which surpasses PEI in temperature resistance, performance, and material ‘stickability”. It sticks so well you would have a heck of a time getting the print off the bed without our Wham Bam Flexi Build Plate. Simply remove the Flexi Build Plate from the Flexi Magnetic Base on your 3D printer when the print is finished and flex slightly to pop your print right off!
- Flexible layer was created by spring steel formulated with a Chromium Alloy for rust proof
- High temperature resistance (150°C) magnet base with pre-mount adhesive backing
- Using specially formulated PEX Polymer Build Surface to create strong first layer adhesion for different kind of materials
- Shiny and silk smooth first print layer appearance
- No more glue stick/ABS juice/tape/Scraper, print job will just pops off
- 4 sizes available
- Supported Materials
- Print Technology
- FDM / FFF
- Country of Origin
- Reference Code
So, What Is PEX?
PEX is the trade name for this Wham Bam developed build surface that is similar to PEI. PEX has a higher glass transition rate and higher melt point than PEI allowing you to print nearly any filament including resisting PETG from bonding too well with the build surface. It has the least adhesion of the PC,PEI and PEX so it takes getting settings right and setting your gap right. Once you have done the setting perfectly, you will be rewarded with the BEST PRINTING EXPERIENCE ever. (Addify does not guarantee you will have the same feeling as we do, but it was heart melting for us when we tried this build plate) Wham Bam only uses authentic 3M brand high-temperature adhesive for guaranteed results.
The Flexible Build System includes:
- 1x Wham Bam Flexi Magnetic Base (high temp-resistant up to 150 degrees with high temp 3M adhesive)
- 1x Wham Bam Flexi Build Plate (spring steel)
- 1x Wham Bam PEX Build Surface Custom Formulated PEX (with high temp 3M adhesive)
- 1x Steel Wool 000 (for prepping your PEX Build Surface)
PEX Build Surface
Wham Bam has developed the Wham Bam PEX Build Surface from a specially formulated polymer with a higher melt point than PEI that attracts most any filament without damaging the sheet. Prints easily pop off once cooled and flexed. Our PEX build surface is 0.4mm thick and pre-backed with 3M adhesive so it takes seconds to install.
The Wham Bam Flexi Plate is made from high-quality flexible spring steel designed to be bent thousands of times without kinking. The spring alloy contains a high level of chromium to ensure no rust or oxidation for its lifetime. The Flexi Plate is 0.4mm thick. Build surface sold separately.
The Wham Bam Magnetic Base has been specially formulated to resist high temperatures for long periods of time, without any loss of performance. Guaranteed to resist heated beds up to 150°C continuously. They are 1mm thick and pre-backed with high-temperature 3M adhesive making installation a breeze!
*Please confirm bed size on your actual machine prior to ordering. Addify and Wham Bam are not responsible for mistaken sizes ordered. See Wham Bam's sizing guide here.
For more information on this product, click here to Wham Bam official website: Flexible Build System
WHAM BAM Unboxing by Addify
Flexible Build System - Great First Layer and Pops Right Off!
Wham Bam - Flexible Magnetic Build Plate with Ender 3 Pro
Settings, Tips, and Maintenance
PEX Build Surface
- Bed temps for PLA 70°C, gap PLA as tight as you can get it with full material flow. The first layer must be squished and flat-topped.
- Bed temps for PETG 70°C, gap PETG moderate. For PETG set hot end of lower limit to good layer bonding, usually 240-250°C to avoid fusing with surface.
- Do not use part fan until layer 3-4.
- Let parts cool completely before popping off, never pry or force parts off or you can take a chunk of your build surface off.
- Finger oils and dust are prohibitors to adhesion, so keep your beds clean.
- We have had success printing PLA, PETG, ABS, TPU, PP, and glass or carbon fiber filled PC and Nylon on our PEX build surfaces with no adhesives needed for bond. However for pure Nylon and PC its usually necessary to use a glue stick or magigoo to get the part to stay down. You will need an enclosure when printing ABS, Nylon, PC and other high shrinkage materials.
Simple To Install
- Clean your Heated bed and wipe with alcohol.
- Apply the Wham Bam Magnetic Base to your Heated Bed just by peeling away backing from the pre-mounted adhesive.
- Apply our Wham Bam PEX Build Surface or your build surface of choice to our Wham Bam Flexi Build Plates by simply cleaning with rubbing alcohol and peeling away protective paper from the pre-mounted adhesive backing.
- See full instructions below.
Wham Bam Flexi Build Plates are made from high quality spring steel that won't kink or warp when you flex them, they just return back to shape! The Spring Steel has been formulated with a Chromium Alloy creating a rust proof steel for long life.
The magnets and films have all been formulated to resist over 150°C so you can heat your bed to high temps for specialty filaments and not worry about loss of performance.
The Wham Bam PEX Build Surface was developed from a specially formulated polymer with a higher melt point than even PEI to attract most any filament without damaging the sheet. Prints easily pop off once cooled and flexed.
You might also like